Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Artist Statement

Although I am still relatively new to film, I feel my voice is taking shape nicely. I want to make films where every moment feels like it's big. Many times a movie will open and the audience with say, "Ah, this is so smooth, so sick, so intense. This movie is going to be great, then things level off. I want to sustain that feeling for a whole 90 minutes.

 I want to make comedies that go beyond the basic structure of shot, that are funny and tragically deep at the same time. Comedies that play with light and composition to accentuate the humor.
I want to make action movies with lots of guns and a plot that doesn't leave wives falling asleep. Action movies that have swooping crane shots and reveals.

I will accomplish this with a style that is dynamic. Cameras tilted. Either positioned like your on the fringe of the action, or right in the thick of it. There is no room to hang out in the dead space. I want to follow the grammar of shot so well that when I break it, everyone knows it was on purpose, even the untrained audience. Everything is calculated, everything is precise.

No comments:

Post a Comment